by Andrew Walden
Released this month, the National Council on Teacher Quality 2013 Teacher Prep Review has bad news for Hawaii Universities' Schools of Education.
Earning an 'Exclamation Point' on the NCTQ's Hawaii Institution List, the following were among the nation's weakest programs:
- UH Manoa Undergrad and Graduate Secondary Education Program
- UH Hilo Undergrad Elementary Education Program
Only 14% of the nation's Education Schools are as bad as these UH Manoa and UH Hilo programs.
Other programs did better:
- UH Manoa Graduate Elementary Program
- Chaminade University Graduate Secondary Program
- Chaminade Undergraduate Elementary Program
NCTQ Honor Roll:
Programs at BYUH and UHWO as well as the UH Manoa Undergraduate Elementary Program were not completely evaluated due to insufficient information. More detailed information on each institution and each program can be found on the NCTQ Hawaii Institution List.
PDF: 2013 Nationwide Teacher Prep Review
LINK: Full District Report Hawaii DoE
LINK: NCTQ 2011 State Policy Findings: Hawaii
LINK: NCTQ Website