Chancellor appoints members of A.D. Search Advisory Committee
News Release from University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa Aug. 23, 2012
University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa Chancellor Tom Apple has formed a Search Advisory Committee to select a new Athletics Director. Howard Karr, chair emeritus of the UH Board of Regents, will chair the committee. Norm Chow, UH football head coach, will serve as committee vice chair.
Other committee members are:
- · Keith Amemiya, Executive Administrator and Secretary, UH Board of Regents
- · Laura Beeman, Head Coach, Women’s Basketball, UH Mānoa
- · Bob Harrison, CEO and President, First Hawaiian Bank
- · Peter Ho, Chairman, President and CEO, Bank of Hawai‘i
- · Bonnyjean Manini, Chair, UH Mānoa Faculty Senate Executive Committee
- · Mike McCartney, President and CEO, Hawai‘i Tourism Authority
- · Diane Nakashima, APT representative, UH Mānoa
- · Peter Nicholson, Faculty Athletics Representative, UH Mānoa
- · Mark Polivka, Chairman, ‘Ahahui Koa Ānuenue
- · Teena Rasmussen, Regent Emeritus, UH Board of Regents
- · David Shoji, Head Coach, Women’s Volleyball, UH Mānoa
- · Student athlete representative – to be named
Said Chancellor Apple, “We thank this stellar group of leaders for volunteering their time to find the right person to become Athletics Director, as we embark on a new level of competition in football as part of the Mountain West, and all other sports as part of the Big West.”
The committee will decide whether to employ a search firm.
While the search is under way, University of Hawaii Vice President Rockne Freitas will continue in his role as acting Athletics Director.