Thursday, July 25, 2024
Hawai'i Free Press

Current Articles | Archives

Saturday, June 29, 2019
Activist Attacks Destroy Another 17% of Hawaii Seed Industry Acreage
By News Release @ 8:30 PM :: 116826 Views :: Agriculture, Hawaii Statistics, GMOs

HAWAII SEED CROP VALUE DECREASES

From USDA, June 28, 2019

The value of Hawaii’s seed industry is estimated at $106 million for the 2018-19 season, according to a survey conducted by the USDA’s National Agricultural Statistics Service. This preliminary estimate is 13 percent lower than the 2017-18 final estimate of $122 million.

Seed corn accounts for $102 million, or 97 percent of the total value in 2018-19. Various other seed crops account for the remaining 3 percent.

Out-shipments of seed are projected to total 4.8 million pounds during the 2018-19 season, down 9 percent from the 5.3 million pounds shipped during the previous season.

Acreage harvested for all seed crops is expected to total 2,530 acres during the 2018-19 season, down 17 percent from the previous season.

PDF: USDA Report

SA: Hawaii seed farming shrinks in latest season 

KGI: Hooser Claims Victory

Related: Activist Attacks Destroy 15% of Hawaii Agriculture

Links

TEXT "follow HawaiiFreePress" to 40404

Register to Vote

2aHawaii

Aloha Pregnancy Care Center

AntiPlanner

Antonio Gramsci Reading List

A Place for Women in Waipio

Ballotpedia Hawaii

Broken Trust

Build More Hawaiian Homes Working Group

Christian Homeschoolers of Hawaii

Cliff Slater's Second Opinion

DVids Hawaii

FIRE

Fix Oahu!

Frontline: The Fixers

Genetic Literacy Project

Grassroot Institute

Habele.org

Hawaii Aquarium Fish Report

Hawaii Aviation Preservation Society

Hawaii Catholic TV

Hawaii Christian Coalition

Hawaii Cigar Association

Hawaii ConCon Info

Hawaii Debt Clock

Hawaii Defense Foundation

Hawaii Family Forum

Hawaii Farmers and Ranchers United

Hawaii Farmer's Daughter

Hawaii Federation of Republican Women

Hawaii History Blog

Hawaii Jihadi Trial

Hawaii Legal News

Hawaii Legal Short-Term Rental Alliance

Hawaii Matters

Hawaii Military History

Hawaii's Partnership for Appropriate & Compassionate Care

Hawaii Public Charter School Network

Hawaii Rifle Association

Hawaii Shippers Council

Hawaii Together

HiFiCo

Hiram Fong Papers

Homeschool Legal Defense Hawaii

Honolulu Navy League

Honolulu Traffic

House Minority Blog

Imua TMT

Inouye-Kwock, NYT 1992

Inside the Nature Conservancy

Inverse Condemnation

July 4 in Hawaii

Land and Power in Hawaii

Lessons in Firearm Education

Lingle Years

Managed Care Matters -- Hawaii

MentalIllnessPolicy.org

Missile Defense Advocacy

MIS Veterans Hawaii

NAMI Hawaii

Natatorium.org

National Parents Org Hawaii

NFIB Hawaii News

NRA-ILA Hawaii

Obookiah

OHA Lies

Opt Out Today

Patients Rights Council Hawaii

Practical Policy Institute of Hawaii

Pritchett Cartoons

Pro-GMO Hawaii

RailRipoff.com

Rental by Owner Awareness Assn

Research Institute for Hawaii USA

Rick Hamada Show

RJ Rummel

School Choice in Hawaii

SenatorFong.com

Talking Tax

Tax Foundation of Hawaii

The Real Hanabusa

Time Out Honolulu

Trustee Akina KWO Columns

Waagey.org

West Maui Taxpayers Association

What Natalie Thinks

Whole Life Hawaii