GOVERNOR’S ESSA TEAM INVITES THE GENERAL PUBLIC TO THE 2016 HAWAI‘I EDUCATION SUMMIT
News Release from office of the Governor, Jun 1, 2016
HONOLULU – Gov. David Ige and the Governor’s Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) Team invite you to attend and actively participate in the 2016 Hawai‘i Education Summit.
- When: Saturday, July 9, 2016 from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (HST)
- Where: Hawai‘i Convention Center – 1801 Kalakaua Avenue, Honolulu, HI
The summit is a conference for students, teachers, principals, parents, education leaders, community members, business leaders and other interested stakeholders.
The purpose of the conference is for all participants to:
- Learn about the new opportunities ESSA provides and current best practices from inspiring thought leaders, policy experts and education leaders;
- Engage in forums on key educational topics and issues; and
- Collaborate with others on innovative possibilities for a future-focused educational system in Hawai‘i.
The Governor’s ESSA Team will share findings and recommendations and will be seeking and collecting feedback, input and recommendations on a blueprint for transforming public education in Hawai‘i. Additional information about the conference program, including keynote speakers and presenters will be announced shortly.
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED
Space is limited so please register as soon as possible if you would like to participate. There is no registration fee or cost, with the exception of parking.
To register, please click on the following website or cut and paste it into your browser window: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/hawaii-education-summit-2016-tickets-25730996102
For more information please email: email@example.com or leave a message at 808-542-3185.