Friday, March 7, 2014
Informational Briefing on Grants-in-Aid
By News Release @ 11:21 AM :: 4853 Views :: Hawaii State Government
COMMITTEE ON WAYS AND MEANS
COMMITTEE ON FINANCE
NOTICE OF INFORMATIONAL BRIEFING
- DATE: Friday, March 07, 2014
- TIME: 9:00 a.m.
- PLACE: Auditorium, State Capitol, 415 South Beretania Street
A G E N D A
The Senate Committee on Ways and Means and the House Committee on Finance will conduct a joint informational briefing on Chapter 42F, HRS grant applications.
Applicants are not required to attend the joint briefing. All applications will be considered regardless of whether applicants attend the briefing. Due to the volume of applications received, and to maximize efficiency, the following rules will be applied during the informational briefing:
1. Only one (1) representative per applicant will be called, regardless of the number of applications submitted by any applicant, to provide information and answer questions;
2. Each representative will be allowed no more than three (3) minutes to provide information; and
3. Neighbor Island applicants will be heard in alphabetical order first, followed by Oahu applicants in alphabetical order.
Please be advised that, if necessary, the Joint Committee will recess in order for the members to attend their respective floor sessions.
The following grant-in-aid applicants are listed in alphabetical order and divided by Neighbor Island based applicants and Oahu based applicants. http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/GIA/2014GIA.aspx
Neighbor Island Applicants
- Aha Hui E Kala
- Alaka'ina Foundation
- Anekona Ouli Kanehoa VFD Company
- Best Buddies Hawaii, LLC
- Child and Family Service
- COVO Foundation
- Five Mountains Hawaii Inc.
- Friends of Kahana
- Friends of Kono Pacific Public Charter School
- Greenpower Solutions LLC
- Habitat for Humanity Maui
- Hale Mahaolu
- Hale Makua Health Services
- Hale Opio Kaua'I, Inc.
- Hana Health
- Hanalei Watershed Hui
- Hawaii County Economic Opportunity Council
- Hawaii Forest Institute
- Hawaii Island Humane Society
- Hawaii Island Veterans Memorial (HIVM)
- Hawaii Wildfire Management Organization
- Hawaii Wildlife Center
- Ho'oulu Lahui Inc.
- Hui Malama Learning Center
- Hui Pono Holoholona
- Innovations Public Charter School Foundation
- J. Walter Cameron Center, Inc.
- Ka Lima O Maui, Ltd.
- Kahilu Theatre Foundation
- Kailapa Community Association
- Kailua Village Business Improvement District
- Kalani Honua
- Kanu O Ka Aina Learning Ohana
- Katsu Goto Memorial Committee
- Kauai Economic Development Board
- Kauai Economic Opportunity, Inc.
- Kauai Museum Association, Ltd.
- Kauai Philippine Cultural Center
- Kauai Planning & Action Alliance
- Keep the Hawaiian Islands Beautiful
- Kona Historical Society
- La'I'opua 2020
- Lanai Community Health Center
- Lyman House Memorial Museum
- Ma Ka Hana Ka Ike
- Malama Kauai
- Malama O Puna
- Maui Arts and Cultural Center
- Maui Economic Development Board, Inc.
- Maui Economic Opportunity, Inc.
- Maui Family Support Services, Inc.
- Maui Family YMCA
- Maui High School Booster Club
- Molokai Homestead Farmers Alliance
- Pa'a Pono Miloli'I Inc.
- Puna Community Medical Center
- Restorative Solutions Maui
- South Maui Learning Ohana, Inc.
- Supporting the Language of Kauai, Inc.
- The Exploration Foundation
- The Food Basket, Inc.
- The Salvation Army, A California Corporation
- Volcano Art Center
- Waiohuli Hawaiian Homesteaders Association, Inc.
- Adult Friends for Youth
- After-School All-Stars Hawaii
- Aina Institute
- Alternative Structures International (ASI)
- Alu Like, Inc.
- Asia Pacific Exchange and Development
- Beach Environmental Awareness Campaign Hawaii
- Bishop Museum
- Blueprint for Change
- Catholic Charities Hawaii
- Center for Tomorrow's Leaders
- Central Oahu Youth Services Association, Inc.
- Chaminade University of Honolulu
- Child and Family Service
- Coalition for a Drug Free Hawaii
- Domestic Violence Action Center
- Ewa Beach Community Based Development Organization
- Ewa Historical Society, Inc
- Family Education Centers of Hawaii
- Family Hui Hawaii
- Family Programs Hawaii
- Farrington High School Class of 1968 & Friends
- Feed the Hunger Foundation
- Friends of the Children's Justice Center of Oahu
- Gilad Productions, Ltd
- Girl Scouts of Hawaii
- Goodwill Industries of Hawaii, Inc.
- Gregory House Programs
- Hale Kipa, Inc.
- Hale O Mana Koa
- Hawaii 3R's
- Hawaii Appleseed Center for Law and Economic Justice
- Hawaii Academy of Performing Arts
- Hawaii Academy of Science
- Hawaii Agricultural Foundation
- Hawaii Asia Pacific Institute
- Hawaii Council for the Humanities
- Hawaii Family Law Clinic
- Hawaii Farm Bureau Federation
- Hawaii Fashion Incubator LLC
- Hawaii Habitat for Humanity Association
- Hawaii HomeOwnership Center
- Hawaii Human Development Corporation
- Hawaii Institute of Integrative Health
- Hawaii Korean Chamber of Commerce
- Hawaii Law Enforcement Memorial Foundation (www.hlemf.org)
- Hawaii Lions Foundation
- Hawai'i Maoli
- Hawaii Meth Project
- Hawaii Museum of Flying
- Hawaii Organ Procurement Organization
- Hawaii Pops Orchestra
- Hawaii Public Charter School Network
- Hawaii Public Health Association
- Hawaii Public Health Institute, formerly Coalition for Tobacco Free Hawaii
- Hawaii Public Television Foundation
- Hawaii Sacred Choir
- Hawaii Symphony Orchestra
- Hawaiian Educational Council
- Hawaiian Mission Children's Society
- Hawaii-Niigata, Inc.
- Hi'ipaka LLC
- Holomua Na' Ohana
- Honolulu Community Action Program, Inc.
- Hookakoo Corporation
- Ho'omau Ke Ola
- Housing Hawaii, Inc.
- Housing Solutions, Incorporated
- IHS, The Institute for Human Services, Inc.
- Institute for Native Pacific Education & Culture (INPEACE)
- Isis Hawaii
- Japanese Cultural Center of Hawaii
- Kai Loa, Inc.
- Kama'aina Care, Inc.
- Kamalapua O Koolau
- Kapahulu Center
- Kokua Kalihi Valley (Comprehensive Family Services)
- Ko'olauloa Community Health & Wellness Center, Inc.
- Kua'aina Ulu Auamo
- Kualoa-He'eia Ecumenical Youth Project
- Kula No Na Po'e Hawaii
- Kulia Foundation
- Legal Aid Society of Hawaii
- Life Foundation
- Living Life Source Foundation
- Mai Wilkes
- Maoli 2 Maoli
- Mental Health Kokua
- Mililani Presbyterian Infant Toddler Center
- Moanalua Gardens Foundation
- Moiliili Community Center
- Na Mamo'o Makiki
- Navatek Boat Builders
- Navatek Ltd.
- Oahu Resource Conservation & Development Council
- Oahu Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
- Oahu Veterans Council
- Ohana Komputer
- Ola Ka'ilima Arts Center, LLC
- Opportunities and Resources Inc.
- ORI Anuenue Hale Inc.
- Pacific American Foundation
- Pacific and Asian Affairs Council
- Pacific Aviation Museum Pearl Harbor
- Pacific Business Services, Inc.
- Pacific Gateway Center
- Pacific Shipyards International, LLC
- Parents and Children Together
- Planned Parenthood of Hawaii
- Poi Dogs and Popoki
- Polynesian Voyaging Society
- Project Vision Hawaii
- Read Aloud America
- Read To Me International Foundation
- Retail Merchants of Hawaii
- Saint Louis School, Inc.
- Ship Maintenance LLC
- Shobukan Judo Club
- St. Francis Healthcare of Hawaii
- Susannah Wesley Community Center
- The Alcoholic Rehabilitation Services of Hawaii, Inc.
- The Chamber of Commerce of Hawaii
- The Children's Alliance of Hawaii, Inc.
- The Filipino Community Center, Inc.
- The Rehabilitation Hospital of the Pacific
- The Wahiawa Center for Community Health
- Veterans of Foreign Wars-Hawaii
- Volunteer Legal Services Hawaii
- Voyager School Foundation
- Wahiawa General Hospital
- Waianae District Comprehensive Health and Hospital Board, Incorporated
- Waikiki Community Center, Inc.
- WorkNet, Inc.
- Young Men's Christian Association of Honolulu
- Young of Heart Workshop
- Young Women's Christian Association of Oahu
FOR AMENDED NOTICES: Measures that have been deleted are stricken through and measures that have been added are underscored. If a measure is both underscored and stricken through, that measure has been deleted from the agenda.
If you require auxiliary aids or services to participate in the public hearing process (i.e. ASL or foreign language interpreter, or wheelchair accessibility), please contact the WAM clerk at least 24 hours prior to the hearing so that arrangements can be made.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CALL THE WAM CLERK AT 586-6800 OR THE FIN STAFF AT 586-6200.
This hearing will be on Twitter: https://twitter.com/HI_Senate_WAM.