SUPPORT THE THIRTY METER TELESCOPE and the RULE OF LAW
From Sam King, Imua TMT
IMUA TMT RALLY This Thursday August 22 @ 5pm STATE CAPITOL
No matter what, show ALOHA always!
Stay positive and stick to the facts!
We are all neighbors in the end!
* * * * *
If you want other ways to support the project right now, here are some ideas:
1 -- Encourage the Governor to keep enforcing parking laws on Mauna Kea!
2 -- Contact Don Brooks, firstname.lastname@example.org, the Executive Director of the Association of Canadian Universities for Research in Astronomy, which is supporting TMT and tell him why TMT is great for Hawaii and Mauna Kea.
3 -- Attend Imua TMT’s next rally at the State Capitol, this Thursday, August 22, at 5pm. Come meet other supporters and make connections. Please wear blue and/or white.
Updates will be posted on pro-TMT Facebook groups like Imua TMT, We Support TMT, Yes to Thirty Meter Telescope, Kanaka for TMT, and We Are Laniakea - Hawaii Island for TMT. Look at Facebook groups especially for rallies on neighbor islands
4 -- Donate to Imua TMT at DonorBox.org/imua-tmt or by mailing a check to PO Box 38118, Honolulu, Hawaii 96837
5 -- Sign up on our Imua TMT’s email list using our web form at https://tinyurl.com/ImuaTMT and forward it to your friends
6 -- Continue to speak out as loud as possible:
- Sign the We Support TMT petition.
- Email the governor and fill out his Mauna Kea specific comment form.
- Email your state and local representatives.
- Call and email Mayor Harry Kim on the Big Island.
- Get in touch with David Lassner’s office at UH.
- Show your support to all the celebrities jumping on the bandwagon by hashtagging them in your messages of support for TMT. Tell them why you believe TMT is a great project for our people and why it enhances the sacredness of Mauna Kea, rather than detracts from it.
7 -- Report threats, violence, intimidation, cyber-bullying, or property damage of any kind @ https://tinyURL.com/mauna-TMT-threats, to the police, or the FBI at 808-566-4300. Read more about the protesters intimidation campaign >>> HERE.
* * * * *
If you need facts, here are some useful documents to cite in your posts:
- Second Findings of Fact and Conclusions of Law (“FOF/COL”)(basically a joint fact finding report) https://tinyURL.com/TMT-2ndFOFCOL
- This site contains all of the pleadings and exhibits that were filed in the CDUP contested case: https://tinyURL.com/TMTdocLibrary
- The three volumes of the Environmental Impact Statements:
- If you are interested in cultural impacts, I recommend these in the EIS:
- Appendix D. Cultural Impact Assessment Report;
- Appendix E. Cultural Impact Statement (2000 Master Plan);
- Appendix F. “Mauna Kea-Ka Piko Kaulana O Ka `Aina” (Mauna Kea-The Famous Summit of the Land) (this is a very good history of Mauna Kea - starts page 379 of Volume 3);
- Appendix G. Archaeological Assessment Report, Mauna Kea Summit Area; and
- Appendix I. Archaeological Inventory Survey of the Astronomy Precinct in the Mauna Kea Science Reserve.
In the end, the TMT’s backers have done a tremendous amount of work to bring this amazing project to Hawaii. It is our turn now to show our gratitude by coming out in support of TMT.