HEWA HUI STRIKES AGAIN
From FreeHawaii.Blogspot.com, December 17, 2016
The Association of Hawaiian Civic Clubs (AHCC) Board of Directors, headed by recently re-elected AHCC president and US federal recognition proponent Annell Amaral has announced they are forming a partnership with both the Council For Native Hawaiian Advancement (CNHA) and the Sovereign Council Of The Hawaiian Home Lands Assembly (SCHHA) to further the process of turning Kanaka Maoli into a US Indian tribe. AHCC leadership has voted to commit AHCC funding to further this process.
This is an outrage for for two reasons -
First, no one in the Hawaiian Civic Club membership was consulted ahead of time.
Second, during the recent AHCC convention, a resolution was passed by Hawaiian Civic Club delegates from the convention floor recognizing the Hawaiian Kingdom as still existing.
If you are a Hawaiian Civic Club member, we encourage you to ask these questions -
- Who authorized the AHCC BOD to form this partnership?
- Were you consulted in this move ahead of time?
- Did you participate in this decision?
- Who does the AHCC BOD actually represent other than themselves?
- Why would the AHCC BOD so blatantly disregard the voice of Hawaiian Civic Club members who have already clearly spoken on the continued existence of the Hawaiian Kingdom?
WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO VOICE YOUR OUTRAGE AT THEIR PLAN TODAY.
Tell them they don't speak for you either as a Hawaiian Civic Club member, Hawaiian Homesteader, Hawaiian Kingdom National or Kanaka Maoli.
Tell them this is a contradiction of what Hawaiian Civic Club members have already decided.
Tell them you are outraged at a few making decisions for everyone and are opposed to their blatant disregard the will of the people.
Email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.