www.Djou.com Message to Supporters September 7, 2016
Kirk Caldwell has reached new lows in his fight to be Mayor. He knows how misleading his ads are, but it looks like, once again, he is willing to do ANYTHING to be Mayor.
In his latest ad, Caldwell attempts to politicize 9/11 with a misleading ad implying Charles doesn't care about first responders or our serviceman and women. What he leaves out is that Charles joined the Army just one month after 9/11, eventually being deployed into combat in Afghanistan. He also leaves out that Charles supported the debt-neutral version of the bill - but that's just not good politics for Caldwell.
We have a message for Kirk: Taking votes out of context is easy, serving your country is NOT.
We want to know: if Kirk is willing to stoop so low just to get elected, what happens when he is in office? So here are a few of the things that have happened in the last four years:
- He undermined the Ethics Commission and railroaded the Ethics Director into resigning
- Promised rail on time and on budget, only to mess it up and pass the blame
- Misled the Legislature and our community on the general excise tax increase
- Took a second job at a bank earning over $200,000/year while still serving as mayor
- Took nearly $1 million in campaign contributions from rail contractors
- Threatened to raise property taxes if the legislature did not increase the general excise tax
- Used substandard materials on our roads
- Failed to upgrade our sewer system
Politicizing a national tragedy is reprehensible. Join us in sharing this post with your friends and family and help us fight back by keeping the commercial shown above on air by making a donation here.
Team Djou Volunteers