by David Chang, Chairman Hawaii Republican Party
We invite you to join us for this year's District Caucuses. Caucus meetings are open to all Republican Party members.
You can sign up at www.GOPHawaii.com if you are not already a member. New members are also welcome at the meetings (schedule below).
In addition to the list below, you can also find the meetings on the Hawaii GOP event calendar here.
Every 10 years after census & re-apportionment the State Party re-organizes in accordance with the new District boundaries. We are led entirely by elected leaders from our membership. Precincts gather in District meetings, hold separate 'caucus' meetings to choose or - if more nominees than slots - elect delegates to the County and State Conventions, and elect Precinct leadership. Reconvening as District members, we elect District Chairs and other officers. This is the entire business of the caucus meetings.
HRP Chairman David Chang or another member of the State Executive Committee will be there to meet you. It's a great way to meet other Republicans in your area. Potluck won't be turned down! To have a vote or be elected to an office at the meeting, you must have been a member for at least 10 days prior to the meeting, but new members are welcome and may be appointed and confirmed as a delegate or officer through their District Committee later if they wish to serve.
FIND YOUR DISTRICT
- VISIT THE HONOLULU GOVT WEBSITE TO CHECK YOUR DISTRICT
- WEBSITE: http://www4.honolulu.gov/vote/Default.asp
- DIRECTIONS: Enter your County (island), Street Name (leave out address numbers and street type) and Zip Code - this will determine your District.
DISTRICT CAUCUSES - DATES & LOCATIONS
- REFER TO THE CHART TO FIND OUT WHEN & WHERE YOUR DISTRICT CAUCUS IS
- Click here for a PDF version of the chart