From I Aloha Molokai August 26, 2012
Many of you recall the recent fire at the Kahuku wind farm on Oahu. A building containing 12,000 battery packs caught fire and burned up, because firefighters were alerted too late, and couldn’t get access to the blaze.
This is the third fire in this building since Kahuku went on line in March of last year. Accidents do happen. Even tested equipment can fail. But these huge wind projects are still experimental, and we are the guinea pigs. The Kahuku story is part of a much bigger problem I Aloha Molokai’s latest film examines the issues related to the recent fire at Oahu’s Kahuku wind farm.
Mentioned in Video: Xtreme Power: A Pig-in-a-poke For Hawaii Wind Farm