Maui’s Automated Planning and Permitting System is LIVE
News Release from Maui County, April 18, 2022
Maui County has successfully launched MAPPS, Maui’s Automated Planning and Permitting System, a new web-based software designed to support planning and permit processing. MAPPS has now replaced the County’s legacy Kiva and KivaNet system.
The MAPPS Customer Self Service portal, also known as CSS and located at LINK, gives the public online access to the County’s permitting and planning related information. CSS also enables users to apply for plan reviews, permits, specific business licenses, request inspections, pay invoices and to follow along with their application status, all online via the MAPPS CSS. The County will no longer accept paper applications.
MAPPS is a web-based system. An internet browser on a computer or device is all that is needed to access MAPPS. Google Chrome is the preferred and supported internet browser for MAPPS.
In addition to the new MAPPS system, the County of Maui launched the MAPPS Support website at www.mapps.mauicounty.gov
This is designed to provide information and resources to teach users what is available in MAPPS and how to navigate the new MAPPS system.
The following information can be found on the MAPPS Support website:
- Details about what is available in CSS, and a series of CSS help videos and printable reference guides covering the various MAPPS functions and teaching new users how to use the system
- Instructions on how to search for public records
- Listings of all case type applications available in MAPPS that link to detailed instruction pages for each case type application
- Help with creating a MAPPS login in the form of documented instructions and a video demonstration
- An FAQ page for answers to Frequently Asked Questions
- A Support Contact Information page to help identify the correct County department/division to reach out to for support if needed
For more information, visit 'MAPPSinformation'.