Units 4, 13, 14 Approve Tentative Agreements
From HGEA, May 27, 2021
Members in Units 4, 13 and 14 voted to approve their tentative agreements effective for the contract period July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2023. Voting on ratifying the 2021-2023 successor agreements ended on May 27, and the results were sent out via eBulletin. For details, please check your email.
* * * * *
HGEA Units 4, 13, 14 Reach Tentative Agreements; Electronic Voting Starts May 21
Message to Membership from HGEA, May 18, 2021
The negotiations teams for Units 4, 13 and 14 have reached tentative agreements with the employer group on successor collective bargaining agreements effective July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2023.
Ratification voting will be conducted electronically beginning on Friday, May 21, 2021. There will be limited walk-in voting at all HGEA Division Offices Monday through Wednesday, May 24-26, 2021.
On Friday at 9 a.m. members will receive a ballot in their personal email from “HGEA Ballot.” Check your spam or junk mail folder.
There will be limited walk-in voting at all HGEA Division Offices. Walk-in voting on Oahu will be held on the first floor of the HGEA Kendall building. Due to possible long wait times as well as health and safety concerns regarding COVID-19 and physical distancing requirements, you are strongly encouraged to vote electronically.
WALK-IN VOTING TIMES AT ALL HGEA DIVISION OFFICES*
- Monday, May 24: 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 25: 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 26: 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
*A photo ID is required
* * * * *
UPW BARGAINING UNIT 10 TENTATIVE AGREEMENT RATIFICATION MAY 27-28, 2021
Message to Membership from UPW, May 21, 2021 (excerpt)
Your Executive Negotiating Committee reached a tentative agreement for your new Collective Bargaining Agreement to take effect on July 1, 2021. It is now up for a ratification vote. Voting will take place on May 27 and May 28, 2021.
It is crucial that you exercise your right to vote. It is also important that you take the time to educate yourself on this agreement to make an informed vote. We have provided complete and accurate details of the agreement below.
VOTER INFO UPDATE
Ballots will be sent by email and/or text if we have your updated, accurate contact info on file. To make sure you receive your ballot at the start of the voting period on Thursday, May 27th, at 7:30 a.m., fill out the form below as soon as possible and no later than Wednesday, May 26th, at 4:30 p.m. Even if you updated your information recently, we highly recommend filling out the form anyway.
HOW CAN I PROPERLY EDUCATE MYSELF ON THIS AGREEMENT?
Watch the informational video below. You can also view the slides from the video here.
Read the Bargaining Unit 10 tentative agreement here
Flyers are being distributed at worksites and can also be viewed or downloaded here.
Join us on Wednesday, 5/26 for a final, live informational session on Zoom. There will be two sessions at 9:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
If you have any questions, feel free to call your division office or email email@example.com
This video covers the details of the agreement and how you can vote. You can view the slides from the presentation here.
Voting will start on Thursday, May 27, 2021 at 7:30 a.m., and end on Friday, May 28, 2021 at 4:30 p.m.
You can vote in one of two ways.
Online (Highly Recommended): This is the fastest and most convenient method as you can vote anytime in the voting period from a computer, tablet, or smartphone.
In-Person Drive-Thru Voting will be held at your nearest division office from 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. next Thursday, 5/27 and Friday, 5/28. Masks and ID required.
Online ballots will be sent out on Thursday, May 27, 2021 at 7:30 a.m. If you do not receive your ballot at that time, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call your division office ASAP.
Please do not forward your ballot to other members. The ballot is meant only for you. Sending it to others could void your vote. If your fellow members didn’t receive their ballot or need assistance, please refer them to the UPW staff.
We have created an informational flyer for posting at worksites and distribution among members. View or download by clicking on the image below.
LIVE INFORMATIONAL SESSIONS
Join the UPW staff on Wednesday, May 26th – the day before voting begins – for a live informational session on Zoom. Feel free to ask questions on the tentative agreement or voting. There will be two sessions that day at 9:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
Register for 9:30 am Session Register for 4 pm Session
See the tentative agreement for Bargaining Unit 10 here.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT THE TENTATIVE AGREEMENT
CLICK HERE: Answers to FAQ
- Can you please explain the agreement and what's included?
- Can I read the tentative agreement?
- Why does it only cover 3 items?
- What about all the other proposals for the contract?
- If I plan on retiring after this agreement takes effect (July 1st), will it still affect me?
- I read somewhere that temporary hazard pay will be denied if we agree to this. Is that true?
- I heard that the employer-employee coverage for medical premiums will drop to 50-50. Is that true?
- What happens if I vote yes?
- What happens if I vote no?
- Who negotiated this agreement?
- Who is on the Executive Negotiating Committee?
- Do our negotiating committees have a recommendation for this agreement?
- I feel like we got the short end of the stick on this agreement.
- I feel like these consequences of not ratifying the contract are scare tactics to get us to ratify.
- How will voting be done?
- How can I get my ballot?
- When will I receive my ballot?
- What happens if I don't receive my ballot at that time?
- What if I want to vote in-person?
- What if neither option works for me?
- Is voting safe and secure?
- If I receive an email, a text link, and come in to vote in-person, that means I get three votes, right?
- Can I forward my ballot link to my coworkers?
- If I don't vote at all, does that count as a 'yes' vote?
CLICK HERE: Answers to FAQ