Hilo Medical Center resumes elective surgeries
HTH April 30, 2020: ... Hilo Medical Center has resumed performing elective surgeries, but those seeking such care will be required to take extra precautions amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
Earlier this month, the hospital postponed such surgeries in an effort to preserve personal protective equipment as the COVID-19 crisis escalated.
HMC will require a negative COVID-19 test prior to elective surgeries....
KITV: Kona Community Hospital (KCH) has resumed a limited number of elective outpatient services and procedures including imaging, respiratory therapy, rehabilitation services and surgery.
read ... Hilo Medical Center resumes elective surgeries
* * * * *
Queen's North Hawai'i Community Hospital Outpatient Services Re-open
News Release from Queen's Medical Center April 27, 2020
KAMUELA, HI – Queen’s North Hawai'i Community Hospital has expanded the availability of its clinics and outpatient services. Clinics and outpatient services, such as imaging and rehabilitation services, were significantly reduced last month and elective procedures were ceased in order to limit the spread of COVID-19 and increase hospital capacity to treat COVID-19 patients.
The hospital has initiated numerous procedures to ensure a safe environment for patients and staff:
- Everyone entering the hospital or clinics will be screened and asked to wear a mask and sanitize their hands. If a patient does not have a mask, we will provide one for them.
- Seating in waiting rooms has been adjusted to help assure social distancing.
- Visitors are not allowed in hospitals or clinics.
- Staff members have been trained in the latest Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) protocols, and have all the necessary equipment to safely care for all patients in our community.
- All equipment, surfaces, and public areas are cleaned with a disinfectant approved for use and effective in killing COVID-19.
The hospital plans to resume surgical services next week.
KHON: Dental and eye care offices plan to open-up appointments slowly
As Explained: A Low-Risk Plan to Re-Start Hawaii’s Economy Now