2018 Summer Journalism Internships
News Release from Society of Professional Journalists Hawaii Chapter
Launch an exciting media career with a paid summer job!
Your future starts here. Get a job in print, online, or broadcast media or public relations from the Hawaii chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists.
Full-time internships (10 weeks at 40 hours/week) with a $4,040 pay:
- - Honolulu Star-Advertiser (daily newspaper)
- - Pacific Business News (weekly business newspaper)
- - Hawaii (bimonthly travel magazine)
- - Hawaii Business (monthly business magazine)
- - Honolulu (monthly city magazine)
- - Pacific Edge (business/lifestyle magazine)
- - Honolulu Civil Beat (online news)
- - Hawaii News Now (TV news)
- - KHON Channel 2 (TV news)
- - KITV 4 News (TV news)
- - Alexander & Baldwin (public relations)
Part-time internships (8 weeks at 29 hours/week) with a $2,343 salary:
- - Hawaii Public Radio (radio news)
Who's eligible: - Hawaii residents enrolled in a college or university and who attended a high school in Hawaii; or - Any students enrolled in a college or university in Hawaii.
- - Students must have completed their sophomore year of college by June 2018.
- - Recent graduates who graduated no earlier than May 2017.
How to apply:
- - Visit www.hawaiispj.org to fill out an online application form.
- - Write a cover letter introducing yourself and explaining why you want an internship, list your relevant coursework or news media experience, and include three references with their contact information.
- - Include samples of your news media work. You can send these as URL links; pdfs, Word, or .txt files; wmv files for video; or wav files for audio.
- - Send all materials labeled with your name to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: March 1, 2018
For more information, contact Craig DeSilva at (808) 282-1038 or at email@example.com.
LINK: Download SPJ internship application