News Release from Hawaii Office of Elections
The Office of Elections and County Clerks of Hawaii would like to share a few Election Day reminders and tips for Hawaii voters:
- Polls are open from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Anyone in line at 6:00 p.m. will be allowed to vote.
- Know your polling place! Contact your County Clerk’s office or visit https://olvr.hawaii.gov/altpollingplacesearch.aspx to find your polling place.
- Save time by voting during non-peak hours. In the morning from 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. or in the afternoon from 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Be prepared to provide proof of identification. Forms of acceptable I.D. include a valid photo I.D., copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, paycheck, or other government issued document that shows your name and address.
- View a sample of your ballot at https://olvr.hawaii.gov/.
- Vote-by-mail voters have till 6:00 p.m. on Election Day to submit their voted ballot to any polling place within their county. A voted ballot postmarked on Election Day, but not received by the Clerk’s office by 6:00 p.m. will not be accepted.
For additional information on the 2016 Elections, visit www.elections.hawaii.gov or call 453-VOTE (8683)