Mayor Caldwell to hold another round of town hall meetings around Oahu
News Release from City and County of Honolulu October 11, 2013
Honolulu — Mayor Kirk Caldwell announced today that he will be taking his Cabinet around the island for a new round of town hall meetings this fall.
Mayor Caldwell and his department directors will report on the mayor’s priorities and outline upcoming road and sewer infrastructure projects, TheBus service improvements, park upkeep and events, and efforts to address homelessness.
The public is encouraged to participate and make suggestions on how we can better serve the people of Oahu.
Each of the town halls take place from 6 to 8 p.m. and will be broadcast live on ‘Olelo.
Date Community Location
- Thursday, Oct. 17 Town Blaisdell Center, Hawaii Suites
- Wednesday, Nov. 13 Waialua, Haleiwa WaialuaHigh School cafeteria
- Tuesday, Nov. 19 Ko‘olauloa KahukuHigh School cafeteria
- Thursday, Dec. 5 Wai‘anae, Nanakuli, Mâ‘ili Wai‘anae District Park
- Tuesday, Dec. 10 East O‘ahu KaiserHigh School cafeteria
In addition, Mayor Caldwell announced today that he will hold a Twitter Town Hall on Monday, Dec. 9, from noon to 1 p.m., for those who prefer to interact online. Participants will be able to tweet questions to Mayor Caldwell @MayorKirkHNL and he will respond to as many as possible.
This past May, Mayor Caldwell held town hall meetings in Aiea/Pearl City, Kaimuki, Wahiawa, Kapolei, Kaneohe, and Kalihi.