NOTICE OF INFORMATIONAL BRIEFING
Link: Hearing Notice
DATE: Wednesday, October 9, 2013
TIME: 9:00am-Noon and 1:30pm-3:30pm
PLACE: Conference Room 329 State Capitol 415 South Beretania Street
- S COMMITTEE ON COMMERCE AND CONSUMER PROTECTION
- H COMMITTEE ON CONSUMER PROTECTION & COMMERCE
- S + H COMMITTEE ON HEALTH
- S + H COMMITTEE ON HUMAN SERVICES
A G E N D A
The purpose of this informational briefing is to receive an update from the Hawai`i Health Connector and various state agencies regarding implementation of Hawaii’s insurance exchange and other matters relating to the implementation of the Affordable Care Act (ACA). The Insurance Commissioner will discuss concerns regarding new insurance requirements of the ACA and its impact on rates and populations groups among other health insurance regulatory matters. Representatives of the Department of Labor and Industrial Relations and Office of the Governor will discuss the convergence of Hawaii’s Prepaid Health Care law and ACA for businesses and consumers as well as overall ACA implementation as a part of Hawaii’s healthcare transformation. Finally, the Department of Human Services representative will update the Committees on implementation of the Medicaid expansion, the interface with the Health Connector and DHS role in ACA implementation.
A subsequent informational briefing will focus on the broader Hawai`i healthcare system transformation effort being led by the Office of the Governor.
The following individuals are invited to participate:
- Coral Andrews, Executive Director, Hawaii Health Connector
- Gordon Ito, Insurance Commissioner, Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs
- Tom Matsuda, ACA Implementation Manager, Officer of the Governor
- Ed Wang, Prepaid Health Care Program Chief, Department of Labor and Industrial Relations
- Dr. Kenny Fink, Administrator, Med-Quest Division, Department of Human Services
No public testimony will be accepted.
If you require auxiliary aids or services to participate in the informational briefing (i.e. ASL or foreign language interpreter, or wheelchair accessibility), please contact the committee clerk at least 24 hours prior to the briefing so that arrangements can be made.
For further information, please call the Committee Clerk at 808-586-6070.
This informational briefing will be broadcasted by Capitol TV.